Weird Cluster behaviour

Roley

I recently bought a 2006 RXP 215 with a non working gauge cluster and a few other electrical problems. I ended up replacing the corroded cluster connector with 4 individual terminals just to get it back up and running and that restored power to it and got it to work intermittently.

The problem I have with it is very rarely it will come on as normal with the gauges sweeping as it should, most of the time though it either doesn't come on at all or it freezes halfway through with bits of text missing or just jumbled up. As I have wired it with 4 individual terminals I've noticed if I only have 12v hooked up to it and not the 2 can bus wires it will start up properly every time, with even just one of the can bus wires connected it will not start up properly.

Is this the typical way these clusters fail as I've heard they fail often? Or do I have a deeper issue with the ecu or can bus network? I have gone through the can bus wiring and done some basic checks and it looks good, I haven't had it connected to buds or anything so I don't know for sure.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks

That sounds like the cluster is either not married or not flashed correctly for your year/model. Your situation is not typical of cluster failure. Was the cluster replaced?

That sounds like the cluster is either not married or not flashed correctly for your year/model. Your situation is not typical of cluster failure. Was the cluster replaced?
I don't know if it has been replaced but the sticker on the back has the same year and date of the ski so I can only assume it's original. The battery has been disconnected for a while, could that have anything to do with it?

Back