Weird 05 RXP issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

watertown16

Hey everyone! I'm new to the forum and I have a real brain buster of a problem that I can't seem to solve, I would greatly appreciate any advice anyone is willing to offer. I have an 05 rxp with a swapped in 09 255 motor and all was running perfectly until one day the ski started to yell at me every every so often reading sensor then the oil light would flash then a code. So I changed the oil(old oil was clean) and a few hours later the ski refused to turn on with the key i had which was aftermarket and came with the ski, so I bought a new key and the ski ran great but then a new code came up and it happened to be the oil pressure sensor that was bad and i replaced it, now the oil light doesn't come back on which is good. Now it reads only sensor with no code and yells at me whenever i put the key in. After I start the ski it yells at me again, then stops and runs great but my question now is why is my temperature guage reading this symbol (--) with no reading, and why does my speedo not read correctly it rapidly goes from 0 mph up to 70 and back down over and over no matter how fast i am going. I feel like it has something to do with the dash reading sensor but with no error code i can't pinpoint the issue. Sorry for the mouth full but im in a pickle and any advice would be great!

Your ECU has lost some of its parameters and needs to be read with BUDS or Can Doo and the correct parameters need to be set again. This just happens sometimes especially when the battery is removed for long periods or over the winter but have seen it happen out of the blue as well but not as common.

Not reflash. Just enabling and disabling the proper items which are just check boxes in BUDS.

Thanks for the assistance, do you think this might have happened when I got the key programmed by mistake? And I just noticed that when I pull the key out of the ignition the ski stays on, I have to hit the stop button then it turns off but the display remains on for a few minutes then turns off. And the temp reading shows when the engine is off, again thanks for you advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back