Wear Ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

laxb0rder

After my 2003 GTX 4-tec sucked up a rock i took it out by removing the grate underneath and removing the rock. However now when i ride i cant get the speed i did before around 60 i get 40 and it is slow to get there with little low end power. i think that the wear ring my have been ripped up, because i can see light around the edges of the impeller and there is no black around the impeller, it looks like it was cut. so if this is the case can a bad wear ring take 20mph off top end or is it my impeller too? there is a little bit of a chip in the impeller but not all that bad i think it may just be the wear ring. and finally where can i get a wear ring and impeller removal tool and should i replace impeller too, i dont have all the much $. Thanks for your help in advanced.

Sounds like ur impeller to... usually wear ring just affects how long it takes to plain out.... you dont need a new impeller, you can get ur impeller refurbed for pretty cheap..

Refurbed impeller, new wear ring, ull be back in it

You can get a refurb from SBT for $25.00. Shipping depends on how fast you want it, and what they don't tell you is they charge you to send the core back, and it's $17.00!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back