Water in the hull!!PLEASE HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjones86

Hi all,

I'm a complete novice so please forgive me extensive ignorance...I'm learning fast.

Recently bought a Seadoo GTX 1996. All in good condition as far as I can see and starts every time. Only problem is when I take it out it takes on about a litre and a half - 2 litres of water into the hull which I get rid of with a handheld bilge pump. Problem is it's berthed at the marina close to me on a drive on dock so it's horizontal most of the time and i cant do much to it or check it properly underneath while it's on there (Can't get it out easily as there is no launch ramp at this large marina).The pumps at the back seem to be doing their job as the residual water always seems to be in the engine scetion rather than the back. Doeasn't seem right to have this amount of water in there.

Any advice for this problem and my situation or is this amount of water normal for an old ski? Is it dangerous to carry on the way I'm going?

Thanks for your help!

The exhaust manifolds are a common issue. As are Carbon Seals, (assuming you don't have the carrier bearing style).

I would take the seat off and see if you can see where it is coming from while on the water with the engine running.

Finding the issue is key, fixing it is easy to figure out once we know the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back