water in hold

Status
Not open for further replies.

rshakir

Is it normal for water to accumulate in the hold after boat has been sitting in water overnight? It goes out after I run the bilge but thought it was a little strange to have a compartment int he challenger 210 where you can store things which may get wet.

Since you don't have the year of your boat in your signature line....

If it has a Rotax engine(s)... you aren't suppose to leave them in the water over night. The carbon ring seal on the drive shaft will leak water into the hull... and you may find it sunk.

Dr Honda,

From his other posts, I believe that rshakir has a new 210 Challenger (model year 2010).

Is it true that all Sea Doo boats with the Rotax aren't meant to be left in the water overnight? Even the new 2010 models? I am looking at the new 210 Wake and if so, that is a big drawback. Normally I would trailer to my local lakes for a day of fun, but I would also like to take the boat on trips to Norris lake etc where I would likely leave the boat docked overnight. I suppose you would need to leave the bilge pump on overnight in this situation?

Do you know if water leaking in through the driveshaft is also a problem with the Yamaha jet boats?

When on trips, I leave mine in water overnight. It wont present a big problem for just a few days. I wouldnt leave it docked all the time, but a few days is fine.

The bilge pump should be directly wired to the battery so it comes on when the water reaches it. A few weeks ago I spent 4 days with it at Norris and it was dry every morning.

Where in Ohio are ya?

Thanks for the info RFoster, that is exactly the type of use I expect to see. I plan on getting a second battery with a Perko switch as well to minimize starting issues if the pump drains the 1st battery overnight.

I am in Columbus. I have a buddy with a very nice Yamaha 212SS that I am familiar with so I have been considering the 212X, but pretty sure I like the Sea Doo 210 Wake a bit better. So just trying to learn all that I can before I buy.

I have been to Dale Hollow many years ago but not to Norris yet. It looks beautiful though so I can't wait to go there. :cheers:

It's not been too bad. And yes I only leave it in the water overnight when I plan to run it again the next day. Was a little water in the hold but not enough for the bige to auto kick in I guess. even when I turned the bige on manually the water didn't immediately come out the bilge. It was only when I was underway and the stern was lower than bow did water come out the bilge. It's all new to me so jsut wanted to make sure wasnt a big problem.
Was thew hold completley fry when you came out the next day?

I usually have a small amount in there the next day, but it is below the pump sensor. I am sure the pump kicks on some, I have gone back down to the dock and heard it on a few hours later. No big deal.

Brett, if you end up getting that new seadoo, I would like to check it out sometime. I am in Ky just 10 minutes south of Cincinnati. This was my first time to Norris and it is my new favorite lake. Very awesome place.

Not sure if I will be able to make it happen this season or if it will be next season, but I will let you know so you can swing by and check it out sometime.

Our boat's been in the boat slip for about 9 days now and everything seems good so far. Was running fine today. Little water in the engine compartment but not more than 2 inches or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back