• This site contains eBay affiliate links for which Sea-Doo Forum may be compensated.

Water in Fuel, difficult and or expensive?

ctaylor

Does water in fuel necessitate replacing fuel filter? it appears to be challenging for 2020 GTX-230 because of being attached to fuel tank/pump part assembly 300a-c

I would say no, it's not designed to filter water. If it had a water separator it would need emptying but it doesn't .

thank you, saving me money, time, frustration. I will be pumping out the gas running it through a marine separator filter before adding it back in.

yep, that is my current plan. I'm hoping water did not get into the injector rail or the injectors
The engine may bog but the water remover should clear it out if some water got inside the system and the injector will spit it out into the engine where it'll burn it away

After pumping out old fuel, putting in fresh fuel, and adding HEET to remove any water that I could not get to in the bottom of tank. It would not run at all. I had to let it set a few days. I just now cleaned the fuel injectors and it did run after that, rough at first but got better. but it still stops after about a minute.

Back