Water coming in 2009 GTX LI. 98 HOURS.

heavenlyride

2009 GTx Ltd. 1503. HO supercharged engine.

It has been taking on water. Got estimate from shop. Most of it is labor. (see picture below). Does the fix make sense? Is there something else I should be aware of? The drive shaft really go bad with only 98 hours on the thing? Can that be determined from a leak test or just the default due to it being difficult/risky for shop…

Shop estimate below.

Looking for feedback on the following:

1. Can this be done by a person who can tear an engine apart and put it back together? Torn apart engines and they ran when put back together.

2. Are there special tools I am going to need to replace the shaft and carbon ring?

3. Any other special tricks?

4. Where should I get the parts?
A. Nothing seems too odd from the list below.

I am just tired of the poor workmanship and in ability for a 15 hour job to be completed in a few days. Always weeks, which is why I have so little time enjoying the thing.

Grateful for your feedback

Elliott

Attachments

• IMG_4389.jpeg
    IMG_4389.jpeg
    351.2 KB · Views: 6
First, re-post your pictures in the correct orientation.

Driveshafts are subject to a lot of corrosion especially if the owner rides it hard and puts it away wet. Carbon seals are often abused by owners who run the ski out of the water for too long.

1. Yes
2. Yes, consult the service manual. Your '09 manual is available for free online at sea doo manuals dot net
3. Yes, follow the manual.
4. Partzilla, use OEM parts.

First, re-post your pictures in the correct orientation.

Driveshafts are subject to a lot of corrosion especially if the owner rides it hard and puts it away wet. Carbon seals are often abused by owners who run the ski out of the water for too long.

1. Yes
2. Yes, consult the service manual. Your '09 manual is available for free online at sea doo manuals dot net
3. Yes, follow the manual.
4. Partzilla, use OEM parts.
Thank you. Have the service manual already. Parts will be OEM.

Thanks again.

Back