VTS problems... not the motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CragarShinoda

My VTS was not working on my 1998 XP, so today I popped the black box and took a look for water. It was dry. I though that since I had the box open I would then move on to the motor. I jumped the motor directly to the battery. The motor worked fine both up and down. I then connected everything back up and turned the ski on. When I pressed the switch, the nozzle went down but would not go back up. I think the issue is the switch, is it possible that it could be the circuit board though? Is there an easy way to test the switch? Does anybody know where to pick up a VTS switch for a reasonable price? Thanks!

Switch.....

Yes, it does sound like the circuit on the switch is either sticking or bad. If your able to manipulate it manually, then only get one direction on the switch....I agree with you. You may be able to take this switch apart and see if theres anything you can do for it. I don't know, I haven't looked it up in the manual. But it sounds kinda like one of my swithes in my truck. The right window will go up, but not down. But I can put it down using the switch on the driver side. So it's not the motor, it's got to be in that switch in the passenger door......
I just looked at the diagraphm for this switch. It's not sold seperatly. You have to buy the complete harness and it runs about $400.........but it does look like you may be able to open it up and work on the contacts........I'd give that a shot first......

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back