VIN for 89 seadoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldSeadoo

I bought (2) 1989 seadoo bombardier but can not find the VIN number any where on the jetskis. Please let me know where is the Vin number and how to tell what model/engine? thx

OldSeadoo?

Welcome to our site......
I've done a little research for you and although you don't give the model, from what I've been able to find out, they only made one model and it was the SP equipped with the rotax 585 engine.
There are several numbers of interest here and with it's age, some have probably been removed or lost.
The Hull# is on a sticker attached to the right side on the hull, looking from the rear of the craft. The Model # should be on a sticker on the upper side, around the lower rear of the seat.
Your engine# is located on the forward end of the motor, stamped at the top end of your magneto.
I don't believe they have a VIN in the sense of a registered automobile. Not these older models anyway.
Hope this helps!.........let me know if you need anything else! :cool:

I also bought an engine for parts for the 89 Seadoos. The 89 engine is yellow and the spare engine is white. How can you tell the year and what parts can be used? Thanks

There is a difference!

There is a difference between the white and yellow engines. From what I've been told, the major difference is the flywheel and the stator plate. So if it's just for parts and you need anything from the magneto end, make sure you really check it out. Because the magneto is the electrical generator for the entire system, I'd probaly want more advice before I try and use that part. As far as cylinders, carbs, etc....they should be the same:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back