Utopia 205 SE VS. Challenger 180 SE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Youngin19

I went to a dealership last night with the intent of looking at the Challenger 180SE. After looking it seemed to be a tad smaller inside than the gf and I liked. We then looked at the Utopia which they are offering a fairly significant rebate on which sparked our interest.

I know they are 2 different boats, 1 engine vs 2 engines and all the different features.

Anybody have a pros vs. cons list on the two of them?

Do they drive and handle close to the same?

We are leaning towards the Utopia since it seems to have more room.

I have the challenger.. So far it does great with everything I do. You can tube/ski/wakeboard all day with a full boat. It is a little crowded with 8 people, but it just makes it that much easier to throw everybody off the side:cheers: the Utopia will definately have more power with 2 motors, but you'll also have twice the gas consumption as well as twice the maintenance/repairs.

As far as handling, the challenger is like a big jet ski. It turns on a dime and leaps from the water with a little bit of speed.. Don't go out without planning to get wet though, especially in the front.

With either boat I'm sure you'll be pleased.

btw.. what part of MD are you from?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the challenger.. So far it does great with everything I do. You can tube/ski/wakeboard all day with a full boat. It is a little crowded with 8 people, but it just makes it that much easier to throw everybody off the side:cheers: the Utopia will definately have more power with 2 motors, but you'll also have twice the gas consumption as well as twice the maintenance/repairs.

As far as handling, the challenger is like a big jet ski. It turns on a dime and leaps from the water with a little bit of speed.. Don't go out without planning to get wet though, especially in the front.

With either boat I'm sure you'll be pleased.

btw.. what part of MD are you from?

I live in Pasadena, right in Stoney Creek.

Where are you?

I know the Utopia has the 2 motors so its more maintenance but does it burn that that that much more gas? I know it is going to burn a little more. Damn I hope not, I think we are sold on the Utopia! Go figure right?:banghead:

The problem with the Challenger is I can't fit my knees under the steering wheel, its too tight and Im not that tall 6'3". Plus we are worried about standing room when we get out on the water. The Utopia isn't much bigger but when you are standing in it, it is a ton bigger!

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, why don't a lot of people talk about the Utopia? Never really hear much about it?? Any certain reason or is it just the price?

I am 6'1" and I don't have any problems getting my knees under the steering wheel. The seat moves back in the Challenger, if you move it all the way back I believe you should have enough room?

I put it back as far as I could, at least I think I did.............it just seemed a tad too tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back