US/Canadian SeaDoo's CE-marked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master

Hi!

I live in Norway and I'm looking to import a SeaDoo from the US and hope some of you can help me answer a couple of questions I have regarding this.

In Norway/Europe, in order for the scooter to be legal, it needs to be CE-marked ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CE_mark ) which means it complies with European laws and regulations. SeaDoo's sold in Europe are CE-marked but I am wondering if the SeaDoos sold in the US already are CE-marked from the factory.

Can anyone please confirm this?

If it is CE-marked it should have a plate in the rear of the scooter that states Make, Model, Year, number of passengers, horsepower etc, and most importantly the mark: "CE".

If they are, it will simplify the import process a whole lot for me.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 200px-CE_Made_in_China.jpg
    200px-CE_Made_in_China.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 9
No my 2011 RXT's don't have CE mark on them. My guess is that US based watercraft would not have it, and that only unless for export, as additional steps are required for that build to obtain the mark.

Hi!

I live in Norway and I'm looking to import a SeaDoo from the US and hope some of you can help me answer a couple of questions I have regarding this.

In Norway/Europe, in order for the scooter to be legal, it needs to be CE-marked ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CE_mark ) which means it complies with European laws and regulations. SeaDoo's sold in Europe are CE-marked but I am wondering if the SeaDoos sold in the US already are CE-marked from the factory.

Can anyone please confirm this?

If it is CE-marked it should have a plate in the rear of the scooter that states Make, Model, Year, number of passengers, horsepower etc, and most importantly the mark: "CE".

If they are, it will simplify the import process a whole lot for me.

Thanks!

The only stickers on the back of my stock '05 RXT are those which pertain to US Coast Gaurd safety compliance and BRP item trademarks.

I've never seen a CE on anything...but my wife tells me I'm blind as a bat, so take that for what it's worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back