unwinterize seadoo rxpx and rxt

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheekybobcat

In September, right before I brought my RXT to the shop for some repairs, I brought it to the dealership to be winterized. I'm not really sure what the winterizing process consists of but in January of this year, the dealership went bankrupt and went out of business. I am getting my jet skis back this Friday and I would like to go out that very same day. However, since I don't know what occurs during winterizing, I don't know what to do to unwinterize it. I looked online for a bit but only found information on boats. I'm not sure whether the process is the same or not for jet skis so I figured I'd have some expert advice.
So, to sum things up, I'm wondering what the winterizing process is for both the RXT and RXP-X; both 08' models. Also, what do I do to unwinterize them. Thanks for any help!

the main thing is making sure all the antifreeze is out before you put it in the lake. if your seadoos were stored in a cold state like mine (minnesota) then the seadoos will have anti freeze in them. i guess check the batteries and any other things that can go wrong from sitting for a long time.

Wait a minute. I know of some dealers that disconnect the lines to put anti-freeze in and do not connecting them back up until the de-winterization. It could be very bad to start the engine without making sure all of your hoses are reconnected appropriately. It's worth taking a peek to make sure before firing them up.

May make me sound very dumb but it can't hurt to ask. Where do they put the antifreeze in? Is it just in an antifreeze tank or something or in the actual lines and stuff?
and what lines should I be checking that may have been disconnected?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back