unstable ski in water

2001 gs 717
This ski is really unstable in the water. The smallest of wakes at the lake, when sitting at idle wash over side your side splash guards and fills up trying to get in engine hull. I un boarded ski at dock in 8 feet of water, and it flip to that side 45 degrees and there I go for a swim. It was on battery side, so maybe move it, in front of magneto, in middle of craft.

2001 gs 717
This ski is really unstable in the water. The smallest of wakes at the lake, when sitting at idle wash over side your side splash guards and fills up trying to get in engine hull. I un boarded ski at dock in 8 feet of water, and it flip to that side 45 degrees and there I go for a swim. It was on battery side, so maybe move it, in front of magneto, in middle of craft.
Do you mean it’s unstable with you on it or when it’s in the water with no one on it? The GS model line is very stable in my opinion, I take passengers on my 2 GSX’s with no issues and feel completely stable. Did you have a look in the hull to see if any water was in there? The only way I could see it feeling unstable is if it had a substantial amount of water in the hull. I’m 230 pounds and I don’t believe I could put both my feet in one foot well like I can on my GTI, are you trying to stand on one side of the ski? Are you a big guy?

Do you mean it’s unstable with you on it or when it’s in the water with no one on it? The GS model line is very stable in my opinion, I take passengers on my 2 GSX’s with no issues and feel completely stable. Did you have a look in the hull to see if any water was in there? The only way I could see it feeling unstable is if it had a substantial amount of water in the hull. I’m 230 pounds and I don’t believe I could put both my feet in one foot well like I can on my GTI, are you trying to stand on one side of the ski? Are you a big guy?
Yes, I was putting my weight of one foot, to step up on dock getting out of boat, I weight about 212 pounds, and she flips side ways, about 45 degrees, and in I go for a early swim.

Yes, I was putting my weight of one foot, to step up on dock getting out of boat, I weight about 212 pounds, and she flips side ways, about 45 degrees, and in I go for a early swim.
Lol, hopefully it was a hot day and that felt good, yes I couldn’t put all my weight on one side of the gsx either and I have a good distance up to the rock where I ride. Have to put my hands on the top of the dock and hop up while turning in mid air lol.

Pretty normal behavior for a 2-seater, Most of the smaller 3-saters will roll on you in the same situation.

Lol, hopefully it was a hot day and that felt good, yes I couldn’t put all my weight on one side of the gsx either and I have a good distance up to the rock where I ride. Have to put my hands on the top of the dock and hop up while turning in mid air lol.
The top of dock, to water line is 5 ft that allot of jumping and spinning, need to find a good beach or shallows lake

Back