Underwater Lights installed in Challenger

Status
Not open for further replies.
For $80 I installed 2 led underwater lights under our 2004 challenger 1800. Originally the lights were supposed to go in drain plugs but the threads were different so I wanted them for this 4th of July so I drilled 2" above drain plugs. Now just waiting to put boat in lake to see the outcome. They seem extremely bright but I still may need 2 more.. Our lake is crystal clear up here in northern NY so maybe not, but out of water the blue LEDs light up the yard…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That looks awesome! How did they turn out in the water? And what was your source for getting the parts?

Well I don't have a boat yet...but I'm guessing you drilled into the hull and sealed it up and ran wires to a battery? lol

Yes, sort of, on the back of the challenger 1800 there are 2 drain plugs so I drilled 2" above so the lights would clear the reverse clam thing, then I drilled a hole about the same size, then plugged the lights in snug with marine silicone and a nut screwed on back, and with the wires I tapped in to the stern light wire so now whenever the stern light is on so are the underwater LED lights! All by a switch. Well worth $80 if you ask me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am going to drill and install 2 garboard drains as you did the lights, and then screw the lights into the drains so they can be easily removed if they ever burned out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back