Tuned Exhaust Pipe part numbers

Nightmare#187

I have a 2003 Seadoo GTI LE which I recently purchased from the second owner. There was a crack on the exhaust pipe flange where it bolts to the exhaust manifold, leaking water. During lake tests, working on carb issues, that flange broke completely. I’ve found several used “tubed exhaust pipes” for sale. There is a wide variety of part numbers, all claiming to fit the 717/720 engine. Do I need my EXACT part number, or are there years where that pipe is physically the same, just numbered differently across different year models. Thanks in advance.

I accidentally answered my question, at least in one aspect. Models before 2002 tuned exhaust pipe uses 8mm bolts into the exhaust manifold. 2002,2003 use 10mm bolts. Maybe that will help someone.

Yes, bolts got bigger.
I asked so many people and searched so long….many of those tuned pipes look identical online and no one had the answer. I came across a gasket kit that said “only works with older 8mm bolts (pre 2002) and finally got an answer. Maybe they’re the same otherwise idk. My luck I could have bought a cheaper older one and drilled the holes to 10mm. But idk enough yet to waste time and money on that haha

Casting will be thin if you just drill out the holes.
Just get the newer pipe with the 10mm holes.

Back