Tune Up 1999 Seadoo Challenger

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonsbiz74

IMG-20110717-00070.jpgI have a 1999 Seadoo Challenger and I want to give it a " tune up." My boat has the twin 787's and runs pretty good. This past weekend had it out a few hours and all was fine, about half way thru the day my starboard side engine wouldn't start. Starter was good/strong and could smell gas so I figured it was flooded so we just waited. After 5 mins started up and we went on our way. We were tubing so we were stop and go for a hour or so and this happened a few more times. A little bit later the port side engine did the same thing but took about 15 mins to start. A few more times during the day samething but only on the port side, starboard side started right up everytime. Once both engines would start we were good to go ....full throttle :hurray:!! Anybody have any ideas on this? Besides the obvious (plugs,wires,air filter) what else should I be replacing or cleaning or looking into? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance,

jason

Replacing the plugs, cleaning the carbs, replacing the filters and tuning your A/F mixture sounds like a good place to start for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back