Trailer Bunks

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvcsmkr

I've got a new trailer for my 18' Sportster. I'm in a dilemna on how the bunks should be. The new trailer has the bunks vertical. I will adjust to make sure the hull doesn't bottom out on the trailer rails. But I'm a little concerned that with the bunks vertical there is very little contact surface, and may put stress on the hull.

Attachments

• 100_0301.JPG
    100_0301.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 40
Thats a nice looking aluminum trailer there! If it were mine, I'd want the bunks running horizontal. Not only will this distribute the weight better, the bunk will bow and take the shape of the hull.

I'm not a huge fan of Seadoo gelcoat and I wouldnt want to stress the hull unneccessarily. You'd be suprised the pounding the boat takes going down the road.

I imagine you could replace the brackets easily.

Craig

Haven't seen bunks like that except on a pontoon or flat bottom. Wonder if you can add pivot brackets, and put the upright mounting brackets on the outside of the bunks

Good Luck!

nice trailer.....unbolt the bunk brackets, and if they are thick enuogh, turn one sideways and mount it, then get yourself a 1ft piece of aluminum or steel "angle" metal, cut it into 3in pieces, and use those as your "hinged" brackets. Now you can mount the bunks horrizontally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back