Total hours programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedofix

Hi
is there any reason why the total hours reading, VIN, delivery date have to be change? Do you think is it possible?

Last edited by a moderator:
Since this is your fist post... and it contains info, that is a link to a shop you are affiliated with. You need to contact the owners about the content, or paying for advertising. (I disabled the attachment)

Regardless... Once the base info is set... it can't be changed for security reasons. if you could change the VIN or total hours... then that would be a way of deceiving a second owner.

and it contains info, that is a link to a shop

sorry, the link is wiped from attachment

Regardless... Once the base info is set... it can't be changed for security reasons. if you could change the VIN or total hours... then that would be a way of deceiving a second owner.

What if the engine has been rebuilt or replaced? What if the boat has never been registered with Name and need a new owner titled? Would it be considered as fraud?

Attachments

• seadoo-screen2.jpg
    seadoo-screen2.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 26
There are some "Gray" areas where it could be beneficial... as in when a new engine is installed. But, it would be too easy to use it for dishonest reasons.

Now... if the boat was never registerd, and/or sold... then it would be a moot point. The total time, and owner would be empty or zero.

As far as the VIN (HIN) that doesn't change since it was a number assigned when it was manufactured.

When you buy a new, unused MPEM from BRP... that is all blank, and can only be set once. That also includes the DESS system. If you never set it... it will start with any lanyard. BUT... once programmed... it can't be turned off again.

This explains a long ago mystery. Back before I owned my 96GTI the previous owner a friend of mine, fried the MPEM. We ordered a brand new one from Riva Motorsports.

We installed the new MPEM and much to our surprise the ski started with the original lanyard, now I know why. This has been over 10 years ago, I never tried to start the ski except with the original lanyard.

So now I guess I own a brand new 96GTI with zero hours. ;)

Lou

Last edited by a moderator:
From my personal experience, the programming of hours and other entries that is greyed by default in any dealer tool is necessary in certain cases such as LouDoo mentioned. For sure it can be done for a "Gray" market as well but kitchen knifes on sale everywhere and nobody asks resellers if it is used in a crime! Saying that I confirm my ability to program Total Hours and other data and I want to clarify that programming lies in the legal field as far as you presenting your case accordingly. To do that I need either entire boat so I can diagnostically (thru the plug) run the program and make changes or I need MPEM unit in my lab to reprogram ECU (without opening it) on the bench. I can assign a new keys or disable the IMMO at all so you can start boat with any magnet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back