Tool Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random question for everybody. What do you have in your tool kits out on the water? I thought maybe I could get some good ideas from you guys. Thanks!

As I am always out with at least my other ski, I only carry the pinch-off clamp you need in the event you must tow your ski in.

Other than that, some line and a tow rope as well. I have NEVER been towed in and want to keep it that way. But I am always able to tow some one else...

Shop rag, nitrile gloves, Basic screwdrivers, needle nose pliers, new sparkplugs, Plug wrench, Zip Ties, small length of electrical wire, electrical tape, a few combo wrenches, Rope, and at least $10. (it's a token offering if I need help)

In the boat... I have a full set of basic tools, including a multi-meter, extra fuel filter (spin-on) and an extra CDI/coil pack.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always like to be prepared so I carry quite a few tools with me. Screwdrivers, needle nose pliers, channel lock pliers, adjustable wrench, hose pincher, allen wrenches, 8/10/12/14mm sockets and driver, utility knife, zip ties, electrical tape, and a spare set of spark plugs. And like Dr, I carry about $20 for emergency gas or tow. There was actually a post on this around the beginning of summer time with quite a few responses. Do a search for it and you'll find a bunch of information. I wish we werent required to carry a fire extinguisher, I turn that bin into my tool bin and not fill up my only free one. Its not like I'm going to use the extinguisher anyways haha.

I agree about the extinguisher. If my ski is ever on fire,,, that is what my PFD and insurance s for. I will be able to swim away with no issues.

I keep collapsable paddles......not necessarily in the bin, but folded up underneath the drain hoses in the nose of my XP. On my yamaha they fit nicely in the front compartment. I've been caught in an instance where no one was around to help, it was mid-February on a random warm winters day, and the ski quit while starting to get dark. Didn't have the paddles then and it wouldn't even click with the starter as if it was a dead battery. My option was to hop in the water and swim with the ski attached to me. I don't recommend this option. Needless to say I made it to the nearest boat ramp a couple hundred yards and collapsed. Fortunately a fisherman found me( I was about 18 so almost 13 years ago), put me in his truck with the heater on and a blanket. Managed to find my cell phone and dial a number that was listed as "home".

Bitch of the thing is we just got it back from the shop for some winter downtime maintenance and repairs. Bigger bitch of the thing is the shop was down the road and came out..........it fired right up for them. :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back