Tigershark

Tgambino

Hello new to all of this pwc stuff but hoping for some help. My son bought 1998 tigershark 770 and i rebuilt the engine but not sure how to put the fuel lines back on.they did not come hooked up.im assuming the fuel lines coming off the selector valve go to the single port on yhe carburetor and then the 2 lines that come off the opposite side join together and are the return.there is a port off the intake im assuming goes to the pulse port for the fuel pump can anyone confirm this please.thanks in advance Tom.by the way I disconnected the oiling system and blocked the ports.

The fuel line with the red valve is coming from the selector valve and going to the starboard side of carb. The other line is coming from the 2 lines that join from the carb in a V and return to the fuel tank.i believe this is correct but not sure.also it seems to me that the fuel line i used to connect from the intake port to the pulse line has collapsed a bit.should i use a more pliable fuel line thanks in advance Tom.

Attachments

• IMG_0036.jpeg
    IMG_0036.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0034.jpeg
    IMG_0034.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 7
That valve should never be on a fuel system.
You should have one line from the tank to the body of the carb with the fuel pump. It will be the same carb with the pulse line. Then it should feed to the other carb and finally a return line. I am not sure if the Tigershark uses a single return line or if each carb has a return line.

Will change some things around tomorrow and definitely get rid of that valve.got most of the cleanup from hurricane Milton done so I can concentrate on other stuff.thanks so much for the input and will post again tomorrow to let you know how it goes

That valve should never be on a fuel system.
You should have one line from the tank to the body of the carb with the fuel pump. It will be the same carb with the pulse line. Then it should feed to the other carb and finally a return line. I am not sure if the Tigershark uses a single return line or if each carb has a return line.
I thought the lines from the tank went to the fuel selector valve, then from the selector valve to the filter and then to the inlet on the carb, return line back to the tank?

I’m not familiar with the Tigersharks at all, I do have a Montego and a TS but haven’t looked at them in forever. Do you have a fuel baffle that has 4 fittings? Does the selector valve have 3 fittings? Do you have a fuel filter/seperator with 2 fittings. On the Seadoo from the tank there is ON RES VENT RET been awhile but on the selector valve I believe it’s ON RES OUT , so the ON and RES from baffle go to ON and RES on the selector valve, VENT from baffle goes to the vent hose through the hull, the return from there carb goes to RET on the baffle, The OUT on the selector valve goes to the filter and then the other fitting on the filter goes to the inlet on the carb. That’s for the Seadoo, not sure if your Tigershark is the same.

I’m not familiar with the Tigersharks at all, I do have a Montego and a TS but haven’t looked at them in forever. Do you have a fuel baffle that has 4 fittings? Does the selector valve have 3 fittings? Do you have a fuel filter/seperator with 2 fittings. On the Seadoo from the tank there is ON RES VENT RET been awhile but on the selector valve I believe it’s ON RES OUT , so the ON and RES from baffle go to ON and RES on the selector valve, VENT from baffle goes to the vent hose through the hull, the return from there carb goes to RET on the baffle, The OUT on the selector valve goes to the filter and then the other fitting on the filter goes to the inlet on the carb. That’s for the Seadoo, not sure if your Tigershark is the same.
i have reserve on and off on selector valve just trying to find out which fitting is the carb inlet the vent is all hooked up.is the fuel line with ted valve going to the inlet or is the inlet the fuel line where it splits into a v thanks

i have reserve on and off on selector valve just trying to find out which fitting is the carb inlet the vent is all hooked up.is the fuel line with ted valve going to the inlet or is the inlet the fuel line where it splits into a v thanks
I can’t tell from your pictures and not sure I could tell you even with better pictures. What carb do you have? My best guess would be that the line with the shut off valve goes to your fuel inlet but that’s just a guess. Is the other end of that line with the red valve hooked to anything?

Im pretty sure the fuel line that splits is the return line. It has a Y connector right at the carb correct? I can check on one of my machines tomorrow after work to be sure

Im pretty sure the fuel line that splits is the return line. It has a Y connector right at the carb correct? I can check on one of my machines tomorrow after work to be sure
the one with the red valve is hooked up to what i thought wss the fuel inlet but might switch them around tomorrow. i have mikuni carbs if that helps. yes the y connector is right at the carb next to the pulse line will let u know what happens tomorrow thanks

Update still can’t fire up the ski.i believe i have everything hooked up correctly but have fuel delivery problem.i can spray fuel into the carbs and it attempts to fire up.burt if u could post some pictures of your tiger shark maybe it could help.i did rebuild the carbs but shouldn’t be an issue unless i put the fuel pump diaphragm in wrong.any help is appreciated guys thanks.

Looking at the parts diagram only the MAG carb has a fuel pump so fuel would have to go from the tank into the MAG carb inlet then from the MAG carb outlet to the PTO carb Inlet and the PTO carb outlet to the return line. Should be the same a a Seadoo so no reason for the Wye fitting.

Also what is the brass ball valve for?

Looking at the parts diagram only the MAG carb has a fuel pump so fuel would have to go from the tank into the MAG carb inlet then from the MAG carb outlet to the PTO carb Inlet and the PTO carb outlet to the return line. Should be the same a a Seadoo so no reason for the Wye fitting.

Also what is the brass ball valve for?
the ball valve came on it when i got the ski but have recently deleted it and put a fuel filter in its place. also the y i just duplicated from yhe carb when i rebuilt it

There is no wye shown in the parts diagram.
ON and RES go to the fuel valve then from the valve to a fuel filter then the MAG carb just like the Seadoo's. Then from the PTO carb to the single return line to the fuel tank.

I think we are going to have to see the carbs off and see all the fittings you are working with.

that is the way i have it hooked up just like u advised but the the original carb setup had a y connection to connect both the carbs into one then back to the tank for a return

There is no wye shown in the parts diagram.
ON and RES go to the fuel valve then from the valve to a fuel filter then the MAG carb just like the Seadoo's. Then from the PTO carb to the single return line to the fuel tank.

I think we are going to have to see the carbs off and see all the fittings you are working with.
will repost on saturday working 12 hr shifts the next 3 days thanks for everyone help so far

0E9ED722-9F41-48D4-9829-C2513F1DB661.png
I would think this is what your carbs look like, the top line that connects the 2 would be the fuel outlet from Mag to inlet on PTO carb. The bottom lines with the Y would be your return lines. Pulse is self explanatory and only fitting left would be fuel inlet from the fuel filter

Back