Through the Hull Seal 93 Sea-Doo XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

antstoes

Anyone have experience in changing the Through The Hull Seal on a 93 Sea-Doo XP? The manual I have does not explain installing it very well. I have going to order the Drive Line Rebuild Kit and New Through the Hull Seal. Mine came completely out. I heard that it get Epoxyed into place. By bearing does not look that bad. Not sure why it came loose.

Does the epoxy get applied to the LIP of the Through the Hull Seal or on the entire screen area? My Old one is completely out of the Hull Hole.

I'm not doing very well in getting pictures to post. I could email them to you easily if you would not mind.

1. www.photobucket.com
2. Create an account
3. Upload photos(transfer from your PC to photobucket or from your phone to PB)
4. View Library
5. Hover over pic and then hover over the gear icon in upper right of photo
6. Click on get links
7. Click on the IMG code in the white bar(it will copy it to your clipboard)
8. Come back to your thread here
9. Click on REPLY
10. Right click in the body where you would type
11. Click on paste
12. Preview post
13. Enjoy pics!
14. Click Submit reply

In the body of the post (before you preview it) you will see
IMX] last X will be a G

I think you are going to tell me that I need to clean out the Hull hole so the new fitting will fit. :)

She's already been fixed once. That aluminum piece is what you're going to order. How does that one fit? Someone may have just done a crappy epoxy job before. You might be able to clean that one up and clean the hole up with acetone and re epoxy it back in. Cheap fix, or just treat it to all new stuff. You at least need to service or replace the seal carrier if you use the old adapter.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

I'm planning on ordering the kit you suggested. This one slips in and out very loosely. Does the whole screen part get covered with expoxy. Do you think the kit will be tighter or about the same. I guess I'll find out when I get it. Does a new bearing come with the new carrier?
Thanks for you help!

I would assume it will fit the same, perhaps a tad tighter with the fresh knurled aluminum. Yes it should come complete, they make a nice kit. If you have any questions just hit them up. They have great customer service. Just read the description on what to use, or use Maine tex to epoxy it in. But the black part in the hull has to be clean with no oil.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

You have been a great help! Not as bad as I thought it would be. Also, the manual I found on the OSDparts.com site explained it better than the one I have. It should be good as new very soon.

Racerxxx
Thanks for all you advice. Took the XP out today and it worked like a champ! I think who ever worked on the Through The Hull Fitting before did not do a very good job. I sanded the front of the hole FLAT, put Loctite epoxy in the hole, on the knuraled area and let it squeeze around the front of the fitting. Looks brand new!

Right on Bro! Just keep that bearing greased. Glad to help get you in the right direction and on to a solid repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back