the making of a 92 seadoo xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

glsmohio

Hey guys!! This past year for Christmas my wife and I got our son a 92 seadoo xp. We went through the ski and even painted it over winter (son and dad time). If you know me thought just about all of my skis have tons of aftermarket add on's. Of course the son knows what umi is and wanted that. We did the poor mans version of it because i never could find the umi for it. All in i have about $410 in this ski as it sits. Im going to end up putting a pipe and change the carbs up and even do a head. Would like to do a nozzle and intake gate. Has anyone ever built up a 580, if so what did you all do? Yes yes yes i know someones going to say buy a bigger ski, or dont bolt that stuff on. well im going to do it lol. The son has seen what we have done to my skis and the wifes skis and he wants to be part of it. From what i can tell 580 parts are very cheep. Ill post some pics and keep in mind my son is 11. He picked out every thing and even painted it his self (with dads help along the way).

Fun times!!
71c50a2136b90c31a0fca0e540061cf4.jpg
c44cd21d1ea3a12a349ed241e4199563.jpg
392e5d2a6846d8e5fb7fd576f6d68fac.jpg
37d8a87005cef64a56605d4050000608.jpg
f0c230774adc4c41abeff3664bf2e0e5.jpg
efb8247b53bd8de438e4654cbc40af7a.jpg
9c0cc78060bbe13aa7c6ca9f539245fc.jpg

NFN but you have a LOT of old stuff in your inventory....a man after my own heart.....although I'm almost past it....wife won't let me have anymore old fixer uppers...SHE'S PAST all that! Cheaper to keep her!

Be glad you live in a state that allows your son to ride solo. My son is 15 and has to 16 to ride solo. He rides quads and dirt bikes but can't ride on the water alone. He was going to take his boaters safety course next weekend and decided why waste the day since he's still a year out. He's twice your sons size, lol. Enjoy the time.

I had an 89 with a psi pipe, DG tri, oval water box and some carb work, solas prop, and ocean pro nozzle. It would out run my stock 92xp with dual carbs and west coast water box.

Be glad you live in a state that allows your son to ride solo. My son is 15 and has to 16 to ride solo. He rides quads and dirt bikes but can't ride on the water alone. He was going to take his boaters safety course next weekend and decided why waste the day since he's still a year out. He's twice your sons size, lol. Enjoy the time.

I had an 89 with a psi pipe, DG tri, oval water box and some carb work, solas prop, and ocean pro nozzle. It would out run my stock 92xp with dual carbs and west coast water box.
Nice this ski has the dual carb set up now

In Pennsylvania to ride a pwc solo with a boating license the age is 12 and over. But you cannot have a passenger under 16 years of age. It’s illegal to rent a JetSki to anyone under 16. I just figured I would mention this since your personal information says you’re from Chalfont Pennsylvania.

My wife just took her “BOAT Pennsylvania” boater safety course online this past week and still has the information on her computer and she looked it up to verify that for me

In Pennsylvania to ride a pwc solo with a boating license the age is 12 and over. But you cannot have a passenger under 16 years of age. It’s illegal to rent a JetSki to anyone under 16. I just figured I would mention this since your personal information says you’re from Chalfont Pennsylvania.

So I'll say that's a little in the gray area. It use to be clear-ish that anyone over 12 and over could operate a pwc with a licensed passenger over 16 years old. Now it just says: It's illegal for anyone 12 through 15 years of age to operate a PWC with any passengers on board 15 years of age or younger. So how do you take that? If they are between 12 and 15 and ride alone they're OK? I guess so. But.....the waters I ride in boarder NJ, there laws are if you're under 16 you can not operate a pwc, over 16 you must have a boaters certificate. 100% of my riding is in split waters or fully in NJ. My wife and I have had our Jersey licenses since 98 when they envoked the laws and PA followed but I couldn't play ignorant and say well, I'm riding on the PA side of the river, LOL Unfortunately for me I always head to the coast to ride, never inland. He's got 1 more year, but I may inquire about it.

My wife just took her “BOAT Pennsylvania” boater safety course online this past week and still has the information on her computer and she looked it up to verify that for me

I'd also have to check if the PA online course license is valid in NJ. I think when my bro in law checked they would not recognize and online courses, you had to take it in a classroom. How they would know I have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back