Thank you 2 short beeps then 4 long beeps

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack11

Hi Thank you for reading my post. My 1996 gsx has an issue i plug in the teather i get two short beeps then a pause then i get four long beeps then machine does"t start. I checked the fuses none of them are blown. after putting the fuses back, once in a while i get lucky plug teather in get just the two short beeps and it starts, and it will start pretty much the whole day. but once it sits for a long period of time, like over night i get the same problem 2 short beeps pause then 4 long beeps no start?
the battery is new fully charged.
Thank you for your time and help
Jack

I think 4 long beeps is that the MPEM isn't recognizing the lanyard.

Try cleaning the contacts. Sometimes, a little corrosion will build, and you don't get a good signal.

Mix up a little baking soda, and water. (in a paste) and rub it around... then rinse off.

4 long beeps:

cause:

The MPEM cannot
communicate

remedy:

Check fuse on relay located in front electrical box or
on the MPEM.

Check connectors between MPEM and ECU

module.

or,

cause#2:
• Low battery voltage.

remedy#2:

Check battery connections and battery condition.

• Recharge or replace battery.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. 4 beeps key is not recognized.

Do as mentioned above and ensure your connections are good and clean as well. Dirty connections will cause the same issue.

ok i cleaned all contacts and the lanyard. i was able to trace the problem to a 5amp fuse located in the front of the machine.
Its the fuse lacated next to the 15 amp fuse. i left the layard in pulled the fuse in and out a few times and it fixed the issue.
I,m not sure if it is due to corrosion or something else ?
jack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back