Taking a trip--which town to stay overnight on Florida/Mississippi border?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

scooper77515

freebie fixer
Premium Member
We may be taking a trip on I-10 from Houston to south Florida, and I am pretty sure we can make it to the Florida border in the first day. Does anyone have any suggestions for a nice town to stay in the area?

We will be getting there fairly late, and leaving fairly early, so not much time for sight-seeing. But we would like to find a clean and friendly town with decent hotels and place for dinner.

I'm not sure about where to stop, but are you going to be able to make it down for the meet?

Yeah man we'd love to have you down for the day (or even a few hours) :cheers:

Wrong day...we will be there last week of june or first week of july, most likely.

Would have been cool to make it though:cheers:

Were to stay!....

I see you will be coming through town. I live in Mobile and I-10 runs right through my city. But I've driven to Houston several times when doing sub work at Houston Ship Repair. So, I know that the drive is about 9 hours. You may want to cruise on through and get somewhere between Pensacola and Tallahassee. From there, it'll be about 6 hours or less to Tampa. I'm gonna PM you my number... Give me a ring and maybe I can buy you dinner at one of our fine seafood eatin places on the causeway (nine mile bridge across Mobile Bay) and shake your hand.

I think we are going to get an early start and just chug along until we get to Tallahassee. In fact, I think the wife has already booked a room, so we are sort of obligated to make it that far (cannot cancel without a fee unless more than 24 hours prior to check-in).

Depending on how well we are doing, we might be stopping right around there for dinner. I have your number and will call you a couple hours ahead of time to see if you can make it around there.

It would be great to meet some of you guys:cheers:

Back