Stereo install and battery question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevego

Preparing to install stereo in 2001 Sportster. Basic CD stereo with 4 speakers no amps or other accesories. Do I need a second battery? I do not plan to run the radio for long periods at beach or other when boat not running. Maybe 1 hour max. Any suggestions? Also speaker locations on Sportster can anyone suggest best locations?

Thanks.

You will be fine with the standard battery. Maybe take a jump box the first time or two just to make sure. But with no amp and not sitting beached for a while it should be fine.

You will be fine with the standard battery. Maybe take a jump box the first time or two just to make sure. But with no amp and not sitting beached for a while it should be fine.

What about if you are going to beach it and hear it? maybe? and fish and listen to some tunes? Im looking to add one, but I was afraid of the battery issue? I think I should get a second battery?

If you plan on sitting any length of time, i would add a 2nd battery. I did it on 1 battery for a while and was never stranded. You can try, take a battery jump pack just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back