steering wheel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ykspeedster

i gotta 97 speedster and i see that guys on here have like race car style steering wheels! do they just bolt right on? is there a certain bolt pattern for them?

let me know! :)

bolt pattern doesn't make a difference, as you will buy a hub adapter for the wheel you want.

The boat uses a 3/4" tapered, keyed shaft.

My wheel was $12 shipped off of eBay, and I machined the hub in my shop.

65.jpg

bolt pattern doesn't make a difference, as you will buy a hub adapter for the wheel you want.

The boat uses a 3/4" tapered, keyed shaft.

My wheel was $12 shipped off of eBay, and I machined the hub in my shop.

65.jpg

thats so purrty....
is there a link to getting adapter???
Can I buy yours for 25 bucks:)

Shakedown...

You can't copy and past a link to ebay anymore. (don't know why) Post the item number, and then other people can just paste it into the ebay search bar.

Hi guys... I can make the adaptors... but they would be expensive. ($50 ~$60) Yes... it is a pretty billet adaptor... but you can get a cast one for about $35 on eBay, Pep-Boys, or your local boat shop.

The other issue is that there are a few versions of it. (5, 6, and 8 bolts holding the wheel to it)

I have thought about making them in the past... but I figure there would only be a select few who would want them.

Sorry Dr Honda, Didnt know that!!! You know the ones you make would be quality and well worth the price. The cheap cast ones dont look all that great anyway.

I had an old Grant steering wheel lying around (5 bolt), so I went with the Grand adapter for boats on my '98 challenger 1800.

Grant Marine Adapters

Like previously mentioned, you need the .75" tapered/keyed shaft style. I had to go with the 2.75" tall adapter to match the original seadoo wheel location as my wheel did not have much dish to it. My wheel was an old Grand display wheel that was basically flat to mount to a display rack; I think most wheels have some sort of 'dish' to them so the 1.75" adapter might be better. Summit has these for ~$30 but I got it at my local speedshop for less. The original wheel came off relatively painlessly as well, I sorta put two large screwdrivers wrapped in towels behind each side of the wheel and popped it off. I thought I would need a special puller as the seadoo's wheel looked corroded onto the steering shaft hub but it just popped off easily.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back