Starting a Seadoo out of water?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Drag Racer

Hi everyone

I bought a 2001 Seadoo GTS last week and was wondering if anyone could tell me if it can be started out of water for a very short time (15 to 20 seconds) without hurting anything or do I need to rig up a water hose somehow to like like I have to do my boat?

Thanks

Yes you can, no more than 15 seconds is what my owners manual says. And no more than 5 mins with a flush kit connected (again is what my manual says for my 2000 XP).

BTW there is a cool simple flush kit with on/off switch on ebay for $10 shipped.

look at the pump assy, and you'll see a black tube protruding from the top/left side. Thats where you hook the hose up. Make sure though, you fire motor up, then turn water on. To cancel system, turn water off, then motor off after about 20-30 seconds.

I went to ace hardware and bought a brass threaded garden hose connector that has a pipe thread in one end coming out and a 1/2 plastic nipple to screw in it and a ran a 1/2 inch piece of hose about a few feet long off it and a simple hose clamp on the other end of the hose to attatch to the tee in jetski...You could put a cheap shutoff in the line very easily too if desired...Did not cost much to make,I think around 5 bucks or less if you have a piece of hose laying around..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back