Stamp inside head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SabrToothSqrl

Will this stupid stamp affect the head gasket?

eBay is really pissing me off lately. I should have checked with nick. image.jpg

Looks like its far enough into the water jacket. shouldn't hurt anything. They spelled "OK" wrong tho :D

These are steel gaskets too, correct?

Engine shop gives it a 50/50 of passing a pressure test. Emailed seller. Ticked off.

Emailed Nick who's sending me a better one.

Stupid me forgetting to check with tonka first.

They shipped it in shredded paper. I had to literally unclog the cooling ducts.

I can't win lately.

No wonder they call it flea bay.

I ordered 2 headphone extensions. One the left channel didn't work, other didn't work at all... Went to radio snack, $7 got me a perfectly working 8' cable.

Last edited by a moderator:
dont see it being a big deal looks out of the way of the oring

No o-ring as its a steel gasket, BUT, same idea you mention. The steel gasket has a raised edge that squishes & creates that sealing mark you are seeing on the head. So I would tend to agree with you.

lol, the seller has offered a full refund and to pay my return shipping. So I picked up a head from Nick, which I'm sure will be in good shape. So good for the seller, but they say it came from a 2000 RX with 42 hours that wasn't winterized... so I assume cracked block.. which.. is no good reason to part out a ski, but whatever. They claim they didn't stamp the head. and they parted out the ski... so... where did the stamp come from?! it's clearly a circle stamp with KO on it. had they stamped anywhere but a SEALING SURFACE I wouldn't have cared.... you don't carve out a section of a sealing surface!

I can't say either 100% if it would affect the engine. All I know is, this engine is going in my 02XP, and it's gotta be perfect or it will haunt me from now until forever.

I'm gonna go home and stamp KO where my Tahoe engine meets the oil filter... maybe that's a good idea. Then I'll ponder for the next 4 years why it drips oil.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha your right I should have know better, Still getting to know everyone here.

Can't say I blame you for returning it. Not worth taking a chance if the seller will offer a refund. Of all places not sure why someone would stamp it there. Good luck with the build!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back