Speedster 200 - Intake Grate (Weedless)

henryb

I purchased a 2004 Speedster 200 310HP just last year.... fantastic machine, love it. But just this weekend, I noticed that the Port-side Intake Grate has broken off (and miraculously did not pass through the pump... as there is no damage). I contacted the local dealer and that part is discontinued from BRP.

The OEM Part Number is: 204 120 257 (Port side). It is exactly the same for all of the years that had the Weedless system (2004-2005-2006).

I would also be interested in getting a Starboard side intake grate as well... OEM Part Number: 204 120 256 (Starboard side).

If anyone knows where I can get one (or both)... I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Last edited:
After doing a fair bit of research on Seadoo boats that have dual engines with a weedless system… there has been a progression of materials used. Initially they used some sort of reinforced plastic, then migrated to aluminum (which is what I had)… unfortunately both of those systems had the tendency to break off splines with age (and if that happens when driving, they can get sucked up into the impeller and do serious damage). I was fortunate enough to miss out on that disaster! Whew! Then finally they when to a weedless intake grate made of bronze… apparently they don’t corrode or break! I was able to source out a used one that was virtually in mint condition. It installed fairly easily and is working great.

All of these weedless intake grates are all interchangeable, noting that some of them have slightly longer or shorter splines, but they all fit into the same hinged base. The bronze grate had slightly shorter splines then the aluminum one that came with the boat, by about 1.5”, but should not present any problem.

Back