Speedster 150 modified

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedster1502007

Hi to all forum members and sea-doo owners!

Just wanted to say “Hello” since this is my first post and also to share some of the modifications that I’ve done on my speedster 150.

I attached some pics but more photos at:

http://www.photoshare.ru/album123587.html

The following works were done:

- stock stereo and speakers replaced with Pioneer DEH 7000 UB + 4 POLK AUDIO DB 691 & DB 6501 speakers 300W each + ’10 SUB BOSS 800W all connected through 2 BOSS amplifiers 800W and 1200W
- this demanded for additional “back-up” battery, that can be selected with the main power switch (replaced)
- battery charge meter is installed, depending on the position of the main power switch it shows charge/condition of main or back-up battery
- battery charger unit installed, enabling to charge both batteries from standard power outlet
- compartment light installed in main storage in front of driver, and another one in the “boot” that also illuminates the engine compartment
- red LED lighting installed inside the cabin
- leather trim around dash, steering wheel column, wheel replaced and horn also integrated
- additional storage pocket added under the dash
- additional 12V socket
- second drainage hole added
- depth meter installed
- Hydro-Turf carpeting in matching red

I think that’s about it..

Also added some things on the stock trailer – supporting leg with wheel and a spare wheel holder.

Closer to start of season planning to remove all stock stickers and replace them with something else.

The only thing I still have to do is the windshield. Thought of installing something from a motor bike / quad / etc.?

Would appreciate any comments / suggestions on this issue, thanks.

Vlad

Attachments

• 3vqqbu-sc2.jpg
    3vqqbu-sc2.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 227
  • 3vqqbb-rfc.jpg
    3vqqbb-rfc.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 240
  • 3vqq5s-6d4.jpg
    3vqq5s-6d4.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 237
  • 3vqq5b-h6e.jpg
    3vqq5b-h6e.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 257
  • 3vqq93-jou.jpg
    3vqq93-jou.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 228
Welcome Vlad!........

Welcome to the forum........oh, and your boat too!

Man, that thing looks like a beauty. I'm sure if I were going down the river, somewhere near you............I'd hear you first........!:cheers:

Thanks a lot!
The boat should look even better once I'm done with it - will post a few more pics upon completion.
Realy want to solve that windshield problem - any ideas?
I am sure that some kind of windshield from sportbike / quad should fit with little modification?

Nice Job!

Hi Vlad, Looks like you have made a good job on your Speedster. The idea of installing a wrap around I will be interested on how you do this? I am looking for a boat and I think my funds will only take me to a Speedster as they are coming out the cheaper of the Seadoo boats in the U.K. With kids on board having a bit of shelter in U.K waters is a must! Are you not able to buy a new or second hand wrap around, say from the Challenger and modify it? This is all new to me as I am just starting out, so I will keep an eye on your thread. All the best,--- gcoops http://www.seadooforum.com/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif

Since the original user hasnt been on in over a year. ill throw out my opinion. All the speakers he listed are marine rated. Its very easy to make a good marine audio system with all stuff that is rated to get wet.

Anyone had experience on actually wiring a passenger side additional speaker? From various posts I understand how to properly cut out the right hole, but how to wire and additional speaker on the opposite from the head unit side, I am not sure. It looks like it would be logical to run the wires around and through the engine compartment, but when I take a closer look at the engine compartment, I do not see an easy access toward the sides of the boat, where additional speakers can be installed. Any help/advice would be appreciated.

- leather trim around dash, steering wheel column, wheel replaced and horn also integrated

Nice boat man, sure is original, and looks like you've done a really good job on it.

I was looking at removing the steering wheel but the center cover is really tight, how did you manage to take it off, is there any specific trick or point you need to wedge or just pop it out with force? do you have to be careful not to brake it or just pull hard? Also, did you need an adapter for the wheel or an automobile wheel works?

And what about the dash? does that pop out also or are there some screws? Im thinking on putting a wrap on the part you covered in red leather, but Im not sure how to remove it...

Thanks for any help and advise you can share with me!

Nice boat man, sure is original, and looks like you've done a really good job on it.

I was looking at removing the steering wheel but the center cover is really tight, how did you manage to take it off, is there any specific trick or point you need to wedge or just pop it out with force? do you have to be careful not to brake it or just pull hard? Also, did you need an adapter for the wheel or an automobile wheel works?

And what about the dash? does that pop out also or are there some screws? Im thinking on putting a wrap on the part you covered in red leather, but Im not sure how to remove it...

Thanks for any help and advise you can share with me!

When posting... check the dates. This is an old thread (2009) and the original poster has 2 posts to his name... and hasn't bee around in a very long time.

You may want to start a new thread ans ask your questions to see if anyone can help.

When posting... check the dates. This is an old thread (2009) and the original poster has 2 posts to his name... and hasn't bee around in a very long time.

You may want to start a new thread ans ask your questions to see if anyone can help.

Thanks! I'll do that next time. Right now I already solved the problem. Good day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back