Speedo on Speedster on & off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

renomaan

I just bought this boat and the speedo worked 1/2 a day then it stopped and now its on and off?

What drives the speedo on the boats? is it electronic or cable?
where is the sensore/spinner ect..? easily serviced?

Thx

Speedo

I have the same problem. I checked the wires at the rear left pump and they were registering (electric) . There is a wheel that spins. You can try to make it move fast enough with a air compressor to see if the guage registers. As far as trouble shooting, use a meter on the end wires to see if the speedo has power to it then at the gauge onece the sppeed wheelis spinning to see if the guage is getting power

The spedo sensor works off resistance not power. For the Speedo on the rear of the boat is a sender that uses a little wheel with 3 wires. 2 are for the the speed, and 1 is for temp. if your boat is equiped with the temp. quage. Using a multi meter attached to 2 of the wires, and spin the wheel you should read restiance depending on how fast you spin the little wheel. Then check contunity on the wires to the guage. If it isn't reading it might be a broken wire. If it sends a signal to the guage, the guage is bad.

I hope this test works for you.

Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back