Spark Plug DCPR8E Options?

MTHancock

I have a 2006 Wake that calls for NGK DCPR8E plugs, but the ones I bought have a "plug in" top, rather than threads, which connect to the coils. The plug in tops don't work with my coils.

Should I change coils, or could someone steer me to plugs that can replace the specified but have threads instead of plug-in tops?

1718908249177.pngWhat I bought (DCPR8E)

1718908515830.pngWhat I need.

Is the DPR8EA-9 (pictured as "What I need") a suitable replacement for the NGK DCPR8E?

Thanks in advance!

Only the p/n 4339 NGKs have the removable tip. They also make one that is not removable in the DCPR8E which will not work.

Only the p/n 4339 NGKs have the removable tip. They also make one that is not removable in the DCPR8E which will not work.
Thanks! Before I posted the original question I thought the tip may unscrew and tried it on the P/N 4179. Needless to say, it did not go well!

Yes, make sure you buy NGK 4339 part number and you can unscrew the tips to reveal threads. I go to O’Reillys and about $3 something per plug.
Thanks! Before I posted the original question I thought the tip may unscrew and tried it on the P/N 4179. Needless to say, it did not go well!

Back