So what do i have here ??? (Tri-pod of some sort)

Coastiejoe

Is this for a specific camera or a surveyors tool?

148.jpg

149.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Kevin,

I hate to tell you this, you've got a Kmart crap camera tripod. There's a shoe, that you are obviously missing that attaches to the camera and fastens to the tripod head and is secured to the tripod head with that locking thing at the rear of the head. Without the shoe the tripod is useless, and since it's an older design, I doubt that you'll find the shoe.

Lou

Hmmm. The thing is built like a rock. All the locking levers and what not are way above the normal quality. I'm not sure why I have kept it, felt it was worth keeping I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I am missing the "quick release plate" as the "shoe" seems to be for the flash.

Nope. I have shot probably 10,000 rounds from the 50 cal. This mount would NOT hold up. LOL
Here is where I shot them from.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413598507.572629.jpg
And
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413598533.693317.jpg

Top picture we were doing time trails of our perimeter so that we could figure out where we had to place ready boats. Bottom picture we crossed behind an LCAT while heading to a "diver spotted in the water" under the Cunard Princess. Which was the cruise ship where the Desert Storm deployed military came to for three days of R/R. And I will NEVER tell who was at the helm...

Focal calls their plate a "quick shoe" sorry to say that the shoe is worth more to buy than the tripod is worth. Do a quick ebay search for Tripod Quick Shoe and you will find many, but they are all different sizes. You could find one with the same dimensions if you care to keep using the tripod.

Good luck

As a stand,,, I think not. My ski is like 700 pounds.. LOL

I see some shoes are pretty cheap. I have no use for the stand, thought I'd find a shoe and sell it. But it may not be worth it..

I think if you take the helm, everybody straps in, tightens life jacket straps and hold on. They all making the sign of the cross as the engines start! Here we go, twin engine jet ski !

LOL, I think all the collective time on this in the first 3 posts exceeded the value of it.

When the shipping is more than the buy it now price of $5.39, that is the indicator of when it should hit the trash. Before I sell something I always check Ebay first, if the price in my head of what's it's worth to me is more than what they sit on Ebay for I just throw it away.

BIN $5.39 with a make offer no less.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Focal-Tripod-20-08-47-/301336345597?pt=US_Tripods&hash=item46290bbbfd

If you really want a quick release pad

http://www.tripodquickrelease.com/Focal_Quick_Releases.htm

Back