Sluggish crank.

Reddredd

Premium Member
Premium Member
Please please please someone help I’m going mad.2005 gti Le rfi . When you press the start button it’s like you have a flat battery. It goes to turn over but just won’t. If I attach my little jump pack it cranks over flat out .I have changed the battery the solenoid the positive and negative battery leads but still the same thing. I tryed a bigger battery out my car but still sluggish and won’t turn over but as I said attach my little jump pack and it cranks over no worries. I don’t know what to try next

Do not use the jump pack as there’s a good chance you will fry the computer.

If it was mine I would rebuild the OEM starter with new brushes.

Do not use the jump pack as there’s a good chance you will fry the computer.

If it was mine I would rebuild the OEM starter with new brushes.
I’m not rebuilding the starter but still taking your advice and ordered a new starter. Won’t get it for a couple of weeks but I’ll let you know how it goes. Thanks for input

I’m not rebuilding the starter but still taking your advice and ordered a new starter. Won’t get it for a couple of weeks but I’ll let you know how it goes. Thanks for input
If you ordered an aftermarker starter, its going to break and your going to be replacing it again. Your better of buying a rebuild kit for $25 and doing that. its not hard and you wont have to worry about the shaft breaking when your out on the water.

I ordered one from osd so now just waiting. I’m in Australia so might take a while to get here but I’ll let you know when it does

Back