slipping clutch?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmnrxdi

Don't know but I have a 02 RXDi when I give it full throttle it just revs and goes no where do they have a clutch or could it be some thing else.

Wearing ring!

That my friend is the distinct sound of a wearing ring that went "south" on you. Although, there is a slight possibility you have something caught in your suction side pump end, it's normally the wearing ring.
If you can get under it and look into the intake grate with a flashlight, look at the casing area around the impeller. This is where your wearing ring is. It should look like a dark color, super hard rubber material. The clearance between the impeller and the wearing ring is less than 1/16". So if you see obvious damage or a great distance between the impeller and casing, it's time to pull the pump and do a wear ring replacement!.........Sometime, when the liner lets go, it folds up into the impeller.....but see if you can check it and get back with us. Look on the bottom left of your post page and you'll see links to other posts that will give you more insight into this subject.

:agree: Welcome to the seadoo forum dmnrxi.Yea it sounds like a wear ring... If you want to do you own repair you could join as a premium member and have access to an authentic seadoo manual to help remove and re-install the wear ring. The manual has great pictures and illustrations to get it back together quickly. You can download and view it on line as a pdf file of print it off for you own personal and privet use. Click on the "Seadoo Manuals" link at the top of the page for more details. If you have any more questions or get in a jam doing the repair, come back and give us a shout. I'm sure you will get a quick response. This is a friendly place with many active members eager to help with advice.
Karl

thanks guys I'll check out the wear ring tonight.
ski is still under warranty so will hit the dealer up to fix it for free.
But I will join as a premium member when warranty runs out and to what I can to the ski if it needs fixing.

That's great that it's still under waranty for an "02". If we can help, let us know. We also enjoy your input or pictures from your outings... Catch ya soon.
Karl

Wearing ring....

I don't think that will be a part covered under the warranty. This is an item that the dealer can say, "you picked up a rock and tore it up". It's like buying a new car and on the way home, you get a flat tire. It's not covered by that warranty.
But lets keep our fingers crossed and you get them to fix it!...

Went down to check on ski today, they said its a rubber seal thing at the front end of the jet unit was split and was just sucking air.
Not under warranty, that sucks I've only owened it for 2 hours riding and it stopped going the day after I got it back from a service.
going to cost $100.00 which I spose isn't to bad.
But thanks for your help guys.

cool!....

That's a good thing. I read about the rubber boot around your shaft, having the ability to suck in air and cause cavitation. But for most, the problem is always the wearing ring. So, I'm glad you didn't have to tear into the ring. Which for the age, it didn't sound like it should be worn that quick.....

That's not a bad thing being only $100.00. Most repair seadoo shops here in Florida charge $98.00 pre hour, plus parts. It could have been a lot worse, so I guess that is a good deal. Keep us posted and come back and visit...

Karl

and.....!

and since it cost me $35 for the wearing ring and about $12 for the special tool, shipping and handling charges, I'd also consider that a good deal!....
Keep their phone number handy. With those kinda deals, I'd probably give them a bit more work!......

Got the ski back runs mint had it out in the rain haha just to play.
but mates XP died after 5 minutes of also just been fixed.

$100 repair was all good.
I live in New Zealand so thats about $79 in the US.

So cool!...

I'll have to keep that in mind about the boot....I had a guy with the M-2 jet drive that was sucking air causing cavitation. The same problem you had. But his was easier to identify because at idle, the back end was filling up with water..........
Anyway, great deal on the fix!..............have some fun. Don't be a stranger, come on in and chat!............Someone is always here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back