Ski pylon. Worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pondering purchasing a ski pylon for my GTI but I was curious if it was worth it. I'm still a novice to the wakeboarding world so I'm not looking to do flips or anything. I was just wondering if this makes things easier. I've read to makes starting easier, which to be honest, really isn't an issue. I was just hoping it would help out on jumping to. Just wanted to find out if it would help enough to justify the price and the modification to the ski.

Thanks!

1.gif

I can only give you advice from a ski boat perspective. Yes it makes a difference. when wakeboarding you need to be pulled from the highest point possible. The higher angle will help give you more pop off the wake.

Yeah, I know the higher the better but I just didn't know if the small gain was worth it. It appears it'll raise the tow point around 14" or so (currently towing from the ski eye).

One other question. Is it true that it's not recommended to pull a tube with the pylon? I don't pull a tube much but it'd kinda suck eliminating that possibility.

I don't think its worth it, unless you have weight added to the back of your GTI your not going to have enough wake to be jumping real high anyways.

If getting up and staying up isnt an issue for you I wouldnt spend the money for a GTI. Save for a boat :D

You dont want to pull a tuber from a pylon or anything other than a wakeboarder. All others can put to much stress on the pylon. My pylon will allow me to attach the rope mid way up for pulling slalom ski or tube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back