Shut off valve for 97xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob97xp

I want to tow my 97xp out to the sand bar this comming summer, about 3/4 of a mile tow. Can anyone post a pic of what hose or line needs to have the shut off valve, and what size valve i need.... Thank you, Rob.

I see two coolant lines in the photo, I'm new to this, could you point out which line it is ...... Thank you, Rob.

Find the one marked "Pressure Zone" on the right side, it needs to be clamped BEFORE it splits to the water flow regulator valve on the water box

ALSO........

In more than one case... I've heard of guys burning up an engine because of a pinched line. I would HIGHLY recommend clipping your lanyard to the pinch tool. That way... you will HAVE to open the seat, to get to the lanyard. And, in so... remember to un-pinch the hose.

Hummmmmm............... sounds like a product that needs made. ;)

If you do use a valve use a ball valve--they are full flow. A gate valve is a restricting valve as sen in the pics. But you'll also need to have a reminder to open it. The hose is 12.5mm (call it 1/2"). So if you use a hose barb for 1/2' I.D. you'll have a slight restriction by about an 1/8", IIRC the I.D. of a 1/2" hose barb is roughly 3/8". Or you could switch to a 5/8 O.D. hose and use a -10AN fitting to retain the 1/2" I.D. but the threaded end of the fitting is huge. You can get ball valves with short handles and also in PVC, do brass or a stainless vavle. Or just go ultra low tech and use a vise grip, or something like the orange ones.

Gate valve

medium

Ball Valve

250px-Seccion_valvula_de_bola.jpg

50.jpg

2075.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back