Show me your kids water toys?

Dannyjd

Premium Member
Premium Member
Not sure if there is a similar post. But I'd love to see other peoples water toys that the kids use.
219.jpg

Bought it a week ago, brand new hull never been in the water or engine bolted to it. Cost me $200 aud

I put on a 2008 4hp yamaha. Put a second kill switch on the handle bars.
The little thing is a rocket with my 6 year old

It wouldn't be allowed in the US, minimum age for a propelled vessel is 13, and it would also have to be registered, carry a fire extinguisher, meet the same requirements as a PWC.

Lou

In Queensland, Australia, anything under 5hp doesn't require registration and under 6hp doesn't require a licence.
The only safety requirements in my area for this size boat is life jacket and capacity label.

However no one can drive a PWC unless over 16 and has done a boat licence and then a pwc license.

Not to be a downer but I'd be scared my kid would run into another boat or person in the water at that age. Maybe even fall in and get run over if the kill switch didnt work. I'd need to be in a very open or clear area at the least.

But if they enjoy it and it's safe and legal then have at it!

Cool looking boat though, nice job.

love it great little machine to get the kids on the water learning on there own. where I live I think its 9+ can drive under 10hp and 16 for pwc and boat over 10hp but need license don't quote me not 100% on that

My son will be 12 this summer and already wants his PWC license which he can obtain thru a safety course at the age of 12. He will now "legally" be able to drive with a licensed operator behind him. But to drive solo he will have to wait until he's 16. I think back to when I started riding 23ish years ago and I just hopped on a ski and went.

That is such a cool thing for a kid. It'll hurt a lot less falling from that than it would from a atv/dirt bike.
I had the old three wheel Honda as a kid, along with a few KX125's. I can't even begin to count the times I bent myself out of shape on those. I once got pinned flat to the ground by the three wheeler after a failed extended wheelie to impress a girl (c'mon, not like you haven't done it). Never had a single issue in a boat. Was towing skiers (parents) at 12 with a 125 Mercury 'tower of power'.

I have absolutely no idea on the legalities in the UK for kids, they are almost non-existent provided you don't do it on inland waterways. I don't even think you need insurance or a HIN to ride in the sea. I know you certainly don't need to register skis here. Cobble one together, if it floats you're good to go.

On a serious note, my first lesson - always respect the water. It always wins.

[MENTION=77009]Kwik_uk[/MENTION]

I still ride and love the 3 wheeled death machines. I don't mind bike but quads just feel totally awkward to me.

Here is my 86 250SX with a 200X front end conversion I brought back to life a few years ago. I got this back in 90 or 91 and held on to it.

259.jpg

Back in the day on my 200X

230.jpg

Couple of good "crowd pleasers" (aka wheelies) in there. This is around my parents place

[video=youtube;ND0KPcD4_dU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND0KPcD4_dU[/video]

Not to be a downer but I'd be scared my kid would run into another boat or person in the water at that age. Maybe even fall in and get run over if the kill switch didnt work. I'd need to be in a very open or clear area at the least.

But if they enjoy it and it's safe and legal then have at it!

Cool looking boat though, nice job.
Has a prop guard and 2 kill switches, my kids are in the water every other day and also ride motorbikes/quads and buggies. But I see your point

That's my 4y/o daughter driving the buggy. I won't let her drive the boat yet by herself.

That is such a cool thing for a kid. It'll hurt a lot less falling from that than it would from a atv/dirt bike.
I had the old three wheel Honda as a kid, along with a few KX125's. I can't even begin to count the times I bent myself out of shape on those. I once got pinned flat to the ground by the three wheeler after a failed extended wheelie to impress a girl (c'mon, not like you haven't done it). Never had a single issue in a boat. Was towing skiers (parents) at 12 with a 125 Mercury 'tower of power'.

I have absolutely no idea on the legalities in the UK for kids, they are almost non-existent provided you don't do it on inland waterways. I don't even think you need insurance or a HIN to ride in the sea. I know you certainly don't need to register skis here. Cobble one together, if it floats you're good to go.

On a serious note, my first lesson - always respect the water. It always wins.
I grew up with bikes and boats also at a young age, so I want the same for my kids.
I had a Honda z50 then a kx80 and rm80. Then went to what I remember was a Honda 200 trike? Maybe 250, too long ago.

Both my kids have a honda qr50

My son will be 12 this summer and already wants his PWC license which he can obtain thru a safety course at the age of 12. He will now "legally" be able to drive with a licensed operator behind him. But to drive solo he will have to wait until he's 16. I think back to when I started riding 23ish years ago and I just hopped on a ski and went.

Mine started learning sitting in front of me at 13, basic water rules and such, it was legal at 14 on your own with a permit that took her about 2 hours to do online. She brought the printed permit to me at the breakfast table on her 14th birthday and said... "lets go ride dad" At the time I wasn't aware it was legal !

unfortunately I can't find any photobucket pic's handy, i'd have to take still shots off of gopro video when I get super bored.

Back