Shoreline Instant Hull Cleaner ?

bigJake

Has anyone used Shoreline Instant Hull Cleaner? or have other recommendations?

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=30724016

My boat sits in the water all summer so has some pretty heavy crud on the hull when I pull it out. I normally use On and Off hull cleaner which melts the crud away in seconds and you just spray it off with the hose. But, I'm out of it and I usually buy it at West Marine which is a bit of a ride. On and Off contains an acid and is pretty toxic to use.

I've used other cleaners in the past that clean almost as well but if you don't hose it off at exactly the right time they either need a second application or it starts to dry and leaves black streaks. Also, some cleaners require alot of scrubbing which is really hard on my old back.

I can do my whole boat in under an hour with On and Off, it requires no scrubbing and it leaves no black streaks. But, like I said, fumes are pretty toxic and I was hoping to find something more local. The Shoreline stuff above is biodegradable so no acid fumes to inhale and it's available locally at Dicks Sporting Goods. Any who leaves their boat in the water and gets the heavy scum have any experience with it or other products that work as easy as On and Off that I can get at a local sporting goods or walmart?

Go to the dollar store, and buy toilet bowl cleaner... and a jug of peroxide. Mix together... and shoot it on with a garden sprayer. Then... watch the orange funk just slide off.

Works better, and is cheaper.

Some guys like a 50/50 mix... but others say it works better with less peroxide. So... you can experiment a little if you want.

I don't know about Shoreline hull cleaner, but yesterday I picked up a bottle of Shoreline mildew and stain remover for the pontoon boat. That stuff is the bomb, works better than anything I have ever used. BTW they carry Shorline products at the "store", Walmart.

Lou

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks Tony and Lou.
I'll give the toilet bowl cleaner a try I like the cheap approach.

Lou, that's why I picked the Shoreline product cause ya know what pa always said.

I went to the brand new HF just down the road from me yesterday. Biggest HF store I've seen. I bought a whole buggy full of crap:thumbsup: I love buyin crap there :D

Lol, really in Pittsburgh they call em buggies and not shopping carts. Or is that you Ken-tucky heritage?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Dan, actually Jake has become somewhat citified, in KY they're actually called shoppin carts.

Lou

Doc, re toilet bowl cleaner, tablets or gel, or is their a liquid?

edit: re-reading, i guess it would be difficult to make a 50/50 mixture with tablets :)

Last edited by a moderator:
buy some worx bowl cleaner at the dollar store, careful not to get it on black stuff, like i got some on my sponsons, took color off in places ... wipe it on, spray it off with hose ....i use 100 percent, you will see it come off, then rinse to remove residue ... i use it at rear of ski to remove all my residue from exhaust ... that black film ...

tater cleans his stills with it .. so, its safe on copper ............

I just pulled the boat out of the water and tried the 50% toilet bowl cleaner / 50% hydrogen peroxide. Easiest hull cleaning I ever did.

Back