Seats are trashed, Where to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvcsmkr

1998 sportster 1800

Okay so the seats are in REAL BAD SHAPE.

Vinyl is shot. I think the worst part is the foam needs to be replaced in a few of the seats as well. I recieved a qoute for $1400. This seems like a lot compared to what ive heard others have paid. Im not looking for anything special.

What is a reasonable price?

if ALL the seats need covered aong w/ foam...no more than a grand.

I thought he was a little out of line. It seems this guy was going to make it from scratch, maybe thats why his price was high.

Is there somebody online (or in south florida) that can just do the complete kits?

Honestly, I bought a 1998 Challenger last summer and some of the seats were replaced and the total was $1000 (previous owner receipts). I re-did some more of the vinyl when I got the boat though. $30 of marine grade vinyl, galvanized staples for my airgun and I was set. I actually think $1500 sounds like a good deal if they're re-doing everything... That's just me though...

Adam

I am in the process of having my rear seats, back rests [2], all 3 sundeck pieces and middle divider of the sundeck done by a shop for $750 for my Utopia. He started at $900 but I talked him down.
It was $550 for OEM covers for the rear seats and only 2 sundeck pieces so to have 4 more pieces done in original vinyl and design the price seems ok to me.
My thought is whats the point of having a nice boat is your interior is shabby? Plus you WILL recoup all the money at resale!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back