Seadoo XP800 no beep no start

BruceXP116

Once you go turn on my 1996 Sea-Doo XP 800 with a fully charge battery plugged the battery in nothing happened no beep no start no VTS. I checked my start, stop switch and tried to hardwire it, but that also did nothing. I checked the fuses in the front box and both fuses were fine. I checked the fuses in the back box and both of them were blown the 7.5 and the 15 amp I replaced them, cleaned all my grounds and plug my battery in and then my six pin connector that’s on the top of the back ebox started smoking a lot so I quickly disconnected the battery. But even before it started smoking, I still was not able to get a beep or a start even when clicking the starter to start button five times to put it into that one mode. but VT did work after I replaced the amps. It ran one week ago and I have no clue what happened it’s been sitting since.

Sounds like you got a short somewhere
Once you go turn on my 1996 Sea-Doo XP 800 with a fully charge battery plugged the battery in nothing happened no beep no start no VTS. I checked my start, stop switch and tried to hardwire it, but that also did nothing. I checked the fuses in the front box and both fuses were fine. I checked the fuses in the back box and both of them were blown the 7.5 and the 15 amp I replaced them, cleaned all my grounds and plug my battery in and then my six pin connector that’s on the top of the back ebox started smoking a lot so I quickly disconnected the battery. But even before it started smoking, I still was not able to get a beep or a start even when clicking the starter to start button five times to put it into that one mode. but VT did work after I replaced the amps. It ran one week ago and I have no clue what happened it’s been sitting since.

Back