Seadoo starts once then once turned off won’t start again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bougie

I recently just bought a seadoo gti se 130. I took it out last week for the first time and it starts right up the first time I can ride for as long as I want but when I shut it off and got to restart it a minute or two later it just clicks. I changed the starter relay and starter on it. I tested my battery at an advanced auto and it reads 12volts. I’m not sure what to do and would like to know what could fix this issue

Has the battery been load tested? If the battery tests ok, you may have charging issues with the ski.

Find a diagram of the the charging and start wiring and check every wire, connection, and component for corrosion. Resistance caused from corrosion increases with heat. Resistance causes a voltage drop between any two points so corrosion in a wire can be easily checked with a voltmeter.

Swapping in a known good battery is an easy check for that deal. A 12 volt battery should read slightly over 12 volts when fully charged. Load testing battery and testing charging system (running) should help.
Rule 1 for me and my Seadoo... toss (replace) any battery after a few years and don't ever look back.
FYI... I have switched to AGM batteries in my ski and some other toys. Awesome results and flawless starting performance... cranking and running ignition and f/injection systems, but expensive, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back