SEADOO Speedster 200...CE approved...?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petreababy

Hey guys,

I'm a guy from Denmark (europe) that is about to buy my dream boat a SEADOO Speedster 200 - 430 HP...but I got some problems...in Denmark all boats has to be CE approved to be legal...in fact I think all boats in europe has to be CE approved...!! There are not alot of Speedster 200's in Denmark so I'm looking for boats in Sweden (european country next to Denmark) and I've found four Speedster 200's.

I asked two of the sellers if their boats was CE approved but they didn't think that they were CE markt. It sounded as if they didn't knew alot about it, so I asked the 3. seller and he told me that he was pretty sure that every SEADOO Speedster 200 boats was CE approved from the factory and it shows by the HULL number that starts with CExxxxxxxxxxx. He allso sent me a picture of his CE mark...

CE mark:
http://www.junchercarimport.dk/CE.jpg

His HULL number is: USCEC17531A606

As it shows the HULL number contains "CE" and "US" dos that mean that the boat is approved to the USA AND the European market...?? He told that many SEADOO Jetski's (scooters) are made some models for the USA market and some models for the European market, but the latest Speedster 200's is made for both markets...does anybody now if that's right...?!

Can anybody tell me if the CE mark in the photo is a valid CE mark for the european market...??

Please take 2mins of your time to help a guy who want's to buy his dream boat, but like it to be legal in europe...!! :o)

Thaaaanks!!!

Have a good day!! :o)

Hi Petreababy,
It seems that our american collegues are not so much willing to help us european enthusiasts... For my question about any record of stolen boats (I also decided to buy SeaDoo..) no reply ...and I really dont want tu buy stolen boat..
BUT I CAN HELP YOU with your problem:
HIN consists of 12 signs of which first three are so called Manufacturer Identification Code.. in your case you have to disregards first two singns "US"..
you can check it by yourself on below link:
http://www.uscgboating.org/recalls/mic_database.htm

in your case CEC means that the boat was produced by BRP.. in 2006..

Have you manage to overcome Certification problem..??

Cheers

Walter

nuth'n to do, with not help'n out, thee european anthusiasts, but put'n a little effort into the matter. Something like this situation came about, i'd hit the DMV or local coast guard..etc b4 hit'n a forum up, just to blast them for no response.

CE approved

Hei
I am also working with import of a Seadoo RXT ,and I am about to loose my mind about the CE rules. ( in my opinion the system is there to stop free trade)
But the HIN or CIN code on the hull does not tell if it is CE approved.
For Norway the rules are that you need a CIN code on the boat . In your example USCEC17531A606 ,
US means it is produced in US
CEC Is the producers ID , ( MIC)
1753 is the serial nummber of the boat
A6 means produced in January 2006
06 Means 2006 model.

You need a label on the boat, like your example, with CE mark, max load, max passengers.
And you need a Certificate of conformity. In some of the certifcates it should include the CIN code.

What i am not so sure about yet is the engines. US have their own standard for emission and Europe a different one. If the engine is not according to EU rules, it will be expensive to do a test in Europe.

Check out the http://imci.org/index.php?nav=115&pageId=86

Good luck with your import

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back