Seadoo, Perko, Alternator Field Disconnect

Status
Not open for further replies.

shamski

Reading the posts on adding a second battery to my Sportster.
Going with the Perko switch idea, but it appears to have two varients of the switch -- with or without the Alternator Field Disconnect.

From the literature this appears to be a failsafe to protect your electrical equipment in the event that your switch gets turned to off when the boat is running.

Is it something that is really necessary? Thinking the odds of it happening are pretty remote given that the switch is in the rear storeage area and odds are if I have it open the engine isn't running either.

Anyone have one? Anyone not have the feature and had any issues?

Thanks
shamski

Without it is!

That was my thought as well, as I just don't see the need ... thought I would check though in case the seadoo electrical was different.

Have to start the search locally for a Perko ... living Canada creates issues for online ordering with shipping pillaging and government handouts (taxed, duty) being paid when ordering from the US. I have had a couple of dealings with West Marine where I find it online, and call the closest store in Canada (1 Province Away) and have them honor the US pricing at par, and ship it to me Fedex for cheap. They don't advertise they will do this, but so far have had them do it twice for me.

Thanks for the responses.
shamski

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back