Seadoo High Reving on Takeoff

Pkiser

I have a 2012 seadoo gtr and when taking off from a standstill it will rev super high and hit the rev limiter a few times before it takes off. I originally thought this was due to a wear ring issue but I just replaced the entire jet pump. Any ideas on what it could be? Thanks

Was it a new pump? because that absolutely sounds like cavitation. Are you sure you didn’t suck something into the pump?

Was it a new pump? because that absolutely sounds like cavitation. Are you sure you didn’t suck something into the pump?
This problem has been happening ever since I bought the jetski last year. This year the jet pump blew up and I replaced the entire thing. New housing, wear ring, impeller everything was replaced except the venturi nozzle. However the issue persists.

This problem has been happening ever since I bought the jetski last year. This year the jet pump blew up and I replaced the entire thing. New housing, wear ring, impeller everything was replaced except the venturi nozzle. However the issue persists.
I’d pull the pump off and make sure you don’t have a rock or something stuck in it. And check the splines on the driveshaft / impeller

I’d pull the pump off and make sure you don’t have a rock or something stuck in it. And check the splines on the driveshaft / impeller
Could it be anything else? It was still happening the first time I took it out after replacing everything. I literly bolted on a brand new pre assembled jet pump and the shaft had no imperfections I inspected it when replacing the pump. As for the carbon seal the only thing I know is that my ski is bone dry and never has water in it after I take it out. Not even a drop comes out of the drain plugs.

Its sucking air from inside ski. Ensure your rubber boot with carbon ring is compressed within specs. Force of vaccuum from jet pump sucks air as the out of spec rubber boot compression separates from chrome support ring. If within spec, coming from thru hull seal. Rubber boot can be just out of spec and still keep water from coming in. Also, only use genuine Seadoo, oem parts when available

Back