Seadoo Gti crankcase??

Status
Not open for further replies.

seadoogti7

I might be buying a seadoo gti with the 717 motor. My ? is it has a cracked crank case. The crack is a hair line and is about 1 inch long. Is there any way to replace the lower crankcase without disassembling the entire motor? Is it possible to weld it without taking the crankcase apart? The motor runs great but is spitting out oil from the crack. Thanks for your help!

Yes.....you can.....

Yes, you can remove the motor, take off the bottom crankcase without completly dis-assembling the engine. You'll have to removet the magneto housing and a couple other things, like the starter etc.....
Then, after you remove the bottom half casing, you can take it to a shop and have it welded and cleaned up. .....
Here's my problem. Why did it do it? If that casing is cracked because of a loss connecting rod or some foreign object getting in, then you may want to be positive that there is nothing else wrong with your crank assembly.
Before you put this casing back on, make sure all is clean and oil free, use 30 weight oil in your balance shaft gear (if you have one) and use the proper torque and sequence in putting it back on.........good luck!

Thanks for the info. I was told that the crack was due to it being dropped prior to install and he did not realize it was cracked until it was placed in the ski. I was wondering though how hard it is going to be to take this motor out of the ski. I have rebuilt dirt bike motors so I am mechanically inclined. I was wondering what exactly I need to do to get this motor out of the ski? Also what are the proper steps to installing the motor back into the ski? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
You might consider joining as a premium member so you can download a authentic seadoo manual from the seadoo forum manual library. The manual can be read on line as a pdf file or down loaded and printed off for you own personal and privet use. The manual will give you the procedure to remove and disassemble the engine and install it again. Click on the link "seadoo Manuals" at the top of the page for details.

Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back