Seadoo GTI 1996 Removing Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

blanchy87

I have had this Ski for around 6 months and just want to clean everything up and rebuild the engine. i am having one small problem and that is disconnecting the crank shaft from the engine to remove the engine. Just wondering if anyone has an idea?

Thanks
Mike

Crank?

Mike, welcome to the forum.
Let me see if I got this straight. Your trying to remove your engine and you can't get it out because of the crankshaft. Hmmmmmm, I'm going to assume you mean the shaft that connects your jet pump, since the crank wouldn't have any affect on removing the engine.
To seperate the engine fromt he shaft, you can do this two different ways. I think the manual calls for you to remove the engine supports, suspend the engine an inch or so, then push the engine forward a couple inches to seperate the shaft from the pto flywheel. You can also remove your jet pump and pull the shaft a couple inches to the rear. I recommend just hanging the engine an inch or so, then sliding it forward.
Let me know how it goes!

Hey Mike, welcome to the seadoo forum! If your going to do anything mechanical to your doo, I recommend that you become a premium member so you can download a shop manual from the forum library for your seadoo. Then you'll have your own copy to read or print off. The Manual is direct from seadoo and has lots of info about diagnostics, troubleshooting, and picture diagrams just incase you forget where some of the pieces go. If your new to your seadoo or just want specific info on it, it is priceless. Click on the link at the top of the page for more details. The small price for a membership gives you tons of info and helps keep the forum alive. You can join for as long you like or cancel at anytime. Let us know if you need any more help. You'll always get a friendly response with good advise.
Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back