Seadoo GTI 155 P0344

lucaseadoo155

I have a 2006 gti155se and it’s throwing a code P0344 here’s the story…

Was riding it on the water when it died, we knew the battery was toast before taking it out but still took it out. towed it with our other ski at about 5-6 MPH for 25 minutes. got it home and tried to start it with new battery and then it threw the code P0344. Heard that when it gets towed water will back up into the motor so pulled plugs to pump any water out of the valves and let it dry. Still won’t start and gas/water is coming out of cylinder 1 and 2 when plugs are out and trying to start it ordered a new sensor and going to see what happens today. Does ECM need to be restarted with new sensor?

Code P0344 can often refer to a failed or damaged Cam Sensor.

From your post above, i sounds like indeed there was water that entered the engine. Do you know if this was a result of the towing, or is it related to the ski shutting down out on the water? Typically the stator will provide enough voltage for the skis to continue running, so im not positive the suspect battery would cause it to die out on the water once running.

I would check the oil to see if its had water mixed with it, and would check the connector on the cam sensor to ensure it isnt wet /damaged etc.

Hope this gives you something to work with.

Dave

Thanks yeah water got in it from towing and is now somehow coming out and into the hull. let it sit for a week after it happend and the hull was flooded at the bottom

Back