Seadoo bombardier mirrors??? Help guys I'm new. I need to find some mirrors and nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timothykaleb

I have a '90 seadoo bomardier gt and I would like to add some mirrors to it. There are holes already drilled, should I try to find mirrors to fit those holes, or just drill new holes to fit different mirrors... If I was to measure the distance between the holes could anyone point me to some mirrors that would fit? Sorry for so many questions guys, I've just been looking everywhere.

Thanks in advance guys

Oh and if anyone knew where I could buy a nose trim piece, that would be great!!

Who knows what the holes were from. The early skis didn't have mirrors, and weren't an option. So... whatever was bolted there could have just been a "Pep-Boys" special.

Personally... mirrors on a ski are almost useless. I've had them on a few skis... and I never look in them since when you are riding... the bouncing keeps you from seeing anything.

If it was my ski... I would go to the autoparts store... and just get some plastic caps to fill the holes.

I just checked the nose piece is still available for your ski, I think it was about $45.00, just click on "PARTS" at the top of this page. If you want a good used one try PM'ing minnetonka4me.

Lou

i have to agree that I think mirrors are generally useless on a ski, especially on a 1990, unless your worried about getting run over by a pontoon boat coming up behind you :)

Well the main reason I was asking about the mirrors was for pulling a tube. I sent minnetonka4me a pm.. I hope he has one that would fit.

I'm not that familiar with your ski, but I believe it's a two seater, you need at least a three seat ski to pull a tube. Operator, observer and room for the guy on the tube, that's the law. Even if it wasn't the law I think it's more trouble than it's worth.

Lou

Revised: Sorry I just looked up your ski, it is a three seater, so it's legal. I still think it's more trouble than it's worth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mirrors are useless just for the simple fact that you can't see anything in them anyways. Other than making a ski look a little more sleek, I wouldn't bother. That's just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back