Seadoo 800 Rotax Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

erica0718

Hi there,

I hope you all are doing well.

I have one Seadoo XP limited with an 800 Bombardier ROTAX engine. Please see the pictures below.

Does anyone have experience and know where the oil change hole for this engine is?
01.jpeg
02.jpeg

I would also like to know what this plastic bucket is used for? What oil do I need to add?
image0.jpeg

I have learned from the post linked below and prepared the tools, but I have not confirmed the location of the oil change hole.
Changing Crankcase Oil - 947/951 engine

Thank you!

Bests,

Hi, turbosl2; thank you for your response. A repair shop gave me a check report before about the ski.

It shows
- SKI HAS A XP LIMITED HULL WITH AN 800 MOTOR AND A 800 RFI EXHAUST

The repair shop guy refuses to repair it due to modification, so I have to handle it alone. I remember the previous ski owner told me it was not two strokes.

I found the oil hole located in the yellow tube in the last picture. I used tools to suck out dirty oil this morning. Now the new question is, what kind of oil do I need to fill in? I am a little confused if the ski is 2 or 4 stores?

Could anyone give me a hand, please?

IT'S A TWO STROKE ENGINE.

USE API-TC TWO STROKE OIL. (In the the Oil Tank)

DO NOT USE TCW-3 OIL.

The 800 Engine is different from the 947 Engine. The 800 Counterbalance Shaft is lubricated by the Oil from the Oil Tank. No action necessary.

"There is an inner passage hole at the base of the Cylinder transfer area below the Sleeve that allows Oil from the Mixture to enter and lubricate the Counterbalance Shaft Gear"

The Engine is missing a RAVE Valve Cap. The Engine will not run properly without it. Probably will leak Air into the Engine and burn it up. Install a RAVE Valve Cap and Retainer.

Is this a 1997 Seadoo XP?

Last edited:
IT'S A TWO STROKE ENGINE.

USE API-TC TWO STROKE OIL. (In the the Oil Tank)

DO NOT USE TCW-3 OIL.

The 800 Engine is different from the 947 Engine. The 800 Counterbalance Shaft is lubricated by the Oil from the Oil Tank. No action necessary.

"There is an inner passage hole at the base of the Cylinder transfer area below the Sleeve that allows Oil from the Mixture to enter and lubricate the Counterbalance Shaft Gear"

The Engine is missing a RAVE Valve Cap. The Engine will not run properly without it. Probably will leak Air into the Engine and burn it up. Install a RAVE Valve Cap and Retainer.

Is this a 1997 Seadoo XP?
Hey man. I’ve been researching oils and besides the Seadoo brand I’m not sure what to get. I have an 02’ RX bombardiar.

i know I’m supposed to get a
BOMBARDIER ROtax SYNTHETIC 2-Cycle Air-Cooled Engine Oil Low ash thats certified API TC and to NOT use tc-w3. Everything I find on google is Tc-w3 or outboard oils. Can you please for the love of god post a link of what oil I’m supposed to use moving forward that’s not the Seadoo XPS brand? Thank you in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back